PRESS RELEASE for House Fire at 284 Kruse Beach Road



Press Release For Immediate Release


The Arnolds Park/Okoboji Fire and Rescue was dispatched to a residential structure fire located at 284 Kruse Beach Road in Arnolds Park at 2:33PM on Friday June 14 arrival wasDSC_0095 greeted with a heavily smoke charged home and began to try and locate the fire. After an initial search for victims and fire on the main floor was negative the fire was located in the northwest room of the basement. The fire was quickly knocked down and declared under control within 30 minutes of arrival. After the utilities were disconnected from the home the department completed searching for and putting out small hot spots that remained in the room of origin as well as searching the remainder of the home to insure no further fire existed.

DSC_0098The department completed an investigation into the fire and determined that a dehumidifier left running in the home in the northwest basement room malfunctioned causing the fire. No one was in the home at the time of the fire and a neighbor called the fire department after they saw smoke coming out the home. No injuries were reported to any of the firefighters that responded to the scene but Lakes Regional Healthcare Ambulance Paramedics were called to stand by at the scene as a precaution. There was significant smoke damage throughout the main level of the home and fire and smoke damage to the basement of the home. TotalDSC_0099 damage is estimated at $80,000 to $100,000. The home owned by Gregory Stoebe family was insured. The Arnolds Park/Okoboji Fire and Rescue would like to express thanks to the Milford Fire Department who was called early in the incident for manpower, the Arnolds Park and Okoboji Police departments for traffic control assistance, Lakes Regional Health Care Ambulance for safety stand by the Black Hills Energy for assistance with securing utilities.

 Contact for questions or information: Fire Chief Chris Yungbluth