PRESS RELEASE – Mutual Aid with Milford Fire Department April 9, 2017

A fire Sunday evening destroyed the Zipper’s Gentlemen’s Club on Highway 71 on the north edge of Milford.

The Milford Fire Department was called to the scene around 8:00 pm and quickly called for assistance from the Arnolds Park-Okoboji Fire Department upon discovering the building was already pretty much engulfed. The Spirit Lake Fire Department was also called a short time later for further assistance.

At one point flames could be seen shooting through the roof of the building.

KUOO news has learned some patrons were in the building at the time the fire broke out. Everyone managed to get out safely.

Atleast one neighboring business to the south, an antique store, was also pretty much destroyed (see photos below).

Firefighters had to battle a stiff north wind, which fueled the blaze.

There’s been no word from fire officials regarding a probable cause. Some reports on social media indicate the fire originated in a dumpster near the business, but that has not been confirmed by officials.

Firefighters were on the scene most of the night extinguishing hot spots.

–SOURCE: www.exploreokoboji.com