UPDATE!! PRESS RELEASE – APARTMENT FIRE ON MARCH 4, 2013

Press Release

For Immediate Release

03-05-2013

 

After investigation by the State Fire Marshall’s office and the Arnolds Park/Okoboji Fire and Rescue the fire at 1505 Country Club Drive has been determined to be accidental in nature originating in a utility closet in the apartment most damaged by the fire.  In addition to the earlier press release the department determined that at least two residents in the building were alerted to the fire by working smoke alarms in the building.  “We see examples every year of the power of the smoke detectors alerting residents to fires in their homes, remember to change the batteries as per the manufacturers directions for the long life batteries and twice a year for those with standard batteries and when they go off get out of the building immediately” states Fire Chief Chris Yungbluth.

 

 

For further questions or comment:

Fire Chief Chris Yungbluth

Arnolds Park/Okoboji Fire and Rescue

712-320-5658